Dangerous Dehumidifiers Recalled

The Georgia injury lawyers at Finch McCranie, LLP handled a wrongful death case several years ago wherein we represented the family of a young boy who died in a house fire caused by a defective humidifier.
This week it was announced that Home Depot is recalling Chinese manufacture dehumidifiers because they pose a fire hazard according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. The recall involves approximately 2,000 Hampton Bay model HB-50 dehumidifiers. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says that an internal component can fail causing it to overheat posing fire and burn hazards to consumers. The dehumidifiers were sold by Home Depot from November 2000 through May 2007. Home Depot has received approximately 18 reports of the dehumidifiers catching fire.
After the wrongful death case that our attorneys handled several years ago, we take these dangerous product recalls seriously as should consumers. If you have been injured or lost a loved one as a result of a defective product, contact the Georgia injury lawyers at Finch McCranie, LLP who have over 40 years of experience representing injured clients.

Published on:

Comments are closed.

Contact Information