Wrongful Death Lawyer Atlanta
For over 50 years Finch McCranie LLP has been practicing wrongful death law, representing clients throughout the Southeast.We have a long history of success in taking cases to trial and receiving favorable verdicts. Our firm has also earned the highest rating (“AV”) from Martindale-Hubbell, which rates law firms throughout the United States.What Is Accidental or Wrongful Death?
Wrongful death occurs when a person’s death is caused by the wrongful act or negligence of another.Wrongful Death Lawsuits In Atlanta, GA
Each state has jurisdiction over its wrongful death cases. In some states only a spouse and children may bring forth a lawsuit, while in other states, grandparents or other relatives may also bring forth a lawsuit. In Georgia, family members of the deceased can file a claim, action, or lawsuit against the liable party or parties.Why You Need an Atlanta Wrongful Death Lawyer
Legal grounds for accidental death can arise in a variety of circumstances. Examples include the following:
- A property owner or company’s negligence in the enforcement of safety regulations.
- A construction worker is killed because of faulty tools or equipment.
- A company does not enforce safety regulations, and a worker is killed on the job.
- A patient is killed after taking a defective antibiotic or over-the-counter pill.
- A patient dies during surgery because the hospital, the doctor, or the nurse was negligent.
- Someone dies because a crime was committed.
- Someone is intentionally murdered.
- A person’s reckless behavior results in another’s death.
- A pedestrian or passenger dies because an Car, tractor, Truck, bus, or Motorcycle on the road was defective.
- A patient dies due to nursing home negligence.
- A passenger dies in a car accident because of a negligent driver.
- Passengers on a plane are killed because of pilot error.
- A person acts carelessly or negligently, and someone dies.
- Infant or children
- Workplace wrongful death accidents
- Civil wrongful death
- Represent the defendant
- Represent the accused
- Claims against the federal government
- Fatality defense attorney
- Death benefits lawyers
- Unlawful death suit
It is also important to collect and preserve evidence, whether it is a part from a tool or an appliance, an automobile, medical records, pill bottles or other evidence. An experienced lawyer can help you through the process from start to finish.A Few Examples of Finch McCranie’s Wrongful Death CasesThese are just a few of the hundreds of cases the firm has been involved with over the past 50 years. We invite you to visit our results page for more examples of the favorable results we have obtained for our clients.
- Firm won an $11.7 million judgment in a recent case
- Firm won a multi-million dollar settlement from two security companies
- Firm obtained a $5 million jury verdict in a lawsuit
There are many law firms that handle complex matters, but very few whose lawyers actually try cases in front of a judge and jury on a regular basis. Finch McCranie is one of those few firms. Our Atlanta attorneys have extensive jury trial experience which enables us to prepare each case with a willingness to go to trial. Because opposing firms know this, it allows us to resolve many cases before trial.Please Contact Us for a Free Consultation
It is important that you speak with an experienced Atlanta, Georgia, United States death lawyer that can investigate the events surrounding the persons death for you.
Please call Finch McCranie LLP at (404) 658-9070 and ask to speak with one of our Atlanta lawyers for your free consultation call. You can also contact us online by using the free consultation request form above and we will get back to via email or phone as soon as we can.